Bounty chocolates are up there as one of my all-time favourite chocolate bars since childhood. This recipe is inspired by my favourite chocolate, but without all the nasty added sugars and flavours. The chocolate and coconut make it feel more like a sweet treat than a breakfast, but it is LOADED with nutrients. The oats give it some good whole grains and the coconut gives it healthy fats. It is also low in sugar making it a great option for the entire family!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1 tablespoon yacon syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut whipping cream
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flakes
1) Add oats, oat milk, coconut flour, and yacon syrup to a bowl. Combine well.
2) Add mixture to a pot and bring to a boil. Turn on low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Add warm oats to a bowl and top with coconut flakes.
4) Top with coconut whipping cream.
5) Melt chocolate chips and layer on top of the coconut whipping cream.
6) Top with more coconut flakes.
7) Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Written by Allison Sherkin, RHN, CHNC
Allison is the in-house nutritionist at House of Wellness. She is a registered holistic nutritionist with experience in weight loss, mental health, hormonal balance, and digestion. She is passionate about helping others elevate their health and truly discover their highest potential! Allison believes in products made with integrity and focuses on effective solutions to help her customers and clients.